Curwood Expands Operations in Fremont, Ohio
Source: Melanie E. R. Miller, Vice President, Investor Relations and Treasurer
Packaging powerhouse builds to accommodate growth and technological advances
NEENAH, WI - August 5, 2008 - Curwood, Inc., a division of Bemis Company, Inc. (NYSE:BMS), has announced plans to expand its operations in Fremont, Ohio. Growth in existing product lines as well as the development and production of new packaging for the meat, cheese, and coffee markets require additional space, equipment, and people. In choosing where to make the expansion, the company considered both the Fremont plant's excellent safety performance and positive workforce attitude.
"We're extremely proud of the growth and success that we're experiencing and really looking forward to the positive impact this expansion is going to have on the community here in Fremont," states Bill Kraut, operations manager at the Fremont plant.
Currently, the plant employs 141 people, and it plans to add 50 new positions over the next three years as the expansion goes into effect. The expansion is contingent upon the approval of state and local incentives.
About Curwood, Inc.
Known throughout the world for technological leadership in high-barrier packaging, Curwood is a preferred supplier of innovative packaging materials and systems for the food, beverage, household, industrial and personal care industries. Curwood maintains strategic manufacturing and service centers throughout North America, South America, Asia and Europe, and is well-positioned to meet global distribution and marketing needs. Headquartered in Oshkosh, Wisconsin, U.S.A., Curwood is part of the Bemis family of companies. For more information on Curwood, call 1-800-544-4672, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.curwood.com.
About Bemis Company, Inc.
Bemis Company is a major supplier of flexible packaging and pressure sensitive materials used by leading food, consumer products, manufacturing, and other companies worldwide. Founded in 1858, the Company reported 2007 net sales of $3.6 billion. The Company's flexible packaging business has a strong technical base in polymer chemistry, film extrusion, coating and laminating, printing, and converting. The Company's pressure sensitive materials business specializes in adhesive technologies. Headquartered in Neenah, Wisconsin, Bemis employs about 15,700 individuals in 56 manufacturing facilities in 10 countries around the world. More information about the Company is available at our website, www.bemis.com.
- Bemis Honored with Spirit of Excellence Award by Hormel Foods
- Bemis Receives DuPont Awards for Packaging Innovation
- Bemis Curwood Packages Garner 2014 Flexible Packaging Achievement Awards
- Curwood’s SmartTack™ Flexible EZ Peel® Reseal™ Packaging Wins 2013 IDFA Innovation Award
- Bemis Receives DuPont Award for Excellence in Continuing Innovation
- Curwood Wins Two Packaging Association of Canada (PAC) Awards
- Curwood’s EZ Open Block-Tite® Bulk Cheese Packaging Wins Flexible Packaging Achievement Award for Technical Innovation
- Curwood Gains Exclusive Rights to Supply Tray & Lidding Film for Innovative MicVac® Technology in North, South & Central America for Fresh, Chilled Ready Meals
- Haliburton International Foods Taps Curwood’s Newest Liquiflex® Packaging Technology to Accelerate Speed, Agility and Cost Savings
- Hormel Honors Curwood for the Second Consecutive Year with 2011 “Spirit of Excellence” Award