Film and Bag Technologies that Defy Abuse
Engineered for the rigors of post-packaging sterilization, Curwood’s High Pressure Processing (HPP) films and surface post-pasteurization packaging (SPP) shrink bags deliver premium taste, texture and freshness for formed and ready-to-eat meats. For HPP, Curwood’s market-leading ICE® film technology provides superior machinability, clarity and memory, while withstanding punishing abuse and expansion. Curwood SPP™ bags offer low haze, high barrier and excellent sealing performance for surface pasteurization applications.
- Curwood SPP™ 93/94 high-barrier post-pasteurization bags withstand immersion in 210°F water while minimizing leaker rates.
- Performs reliably even on double wire machines, curved sealer/evacuators and conventional equipment
- High shrink, high gloss to optimize meat appearance
- Offered in a wide choice of factory seal shapes for optimum fit
- Can be flexo printed in up to 10 colors with specially formulated inks
- Additional film and tray technologies include vacuum skin packaging, cup & lid systems and standup pouches.
- ICE® Films for HPP maintain outstanding toughness, barrier and puncture resistance through the HPP process and in post-packaging sterilization.
- Available in forming/non-forming film systems
- Provide superior forming, seal, puncture resistance, residual strength and memory
- Includes High Definition (HD) films for printed forming applications and High Strength (HS) nylon films for high-abuse applications
|Applications||Convenience Features||Related Markets|
Ready-to-eat and formed meats including:
Safety and Shelf Life
- Aseptic Laminations
- FreshCase® Case-Ready Packaging
- Modified Atmosphere Packaging (MAP)
- Post-Packaging Sterilization
- Retortable Films
- Tamper-Evident Packaging
No Label, No Problem
ICE® HD Films allow nutrition information to be printed directly on the packaging film, eliminating the cost of labels.