Pushing the Boundaries in Engineered Materials
You have a packaging challenge that can’t be solved with ordinary thinking or run-of-the-mill technology. You need a breakthrough solution to help revolutionize the marketplace…or at least shake it up.
This is where it all becomes possible.
Curwood is the technological leader in high-performance flexible packaging. Period. With a dedicated focus on polymer flexible packaging solutions, we offer products and processes no other company can match. So you get engineered solutions that enhance every phase of your package’s life, from the way it runs on your equipment to how long it maintains its freshness to its ease of use for the consumer.
These are the leading-edge technical resources behind every Curwood package:
- Market-focused technical experts
- As specialists in barrier packaging for specific industries, we bring broad, deep industry knowledge to every project, minimizing the learning curve and maximizing your speed to market. Yet we understand that every project brings a unique set of challenges, so our team of experts works with you to identify the full scope of your packaging goals before embarking on a solution.
- The most comprehensive Research & Development lab in the industry
- Having the right tools for the job is critical when developing and testing high-performance engineered resins, films and coatings. Our unparalleled lab resources run the gamut from infrared spectrophotometers to gas chromatographers to environmental chambers.
- Custom resin blending and raw material handling techniques
- Our applied solutions are precisely tailored to your highly specialized products and packaging methods. We’ll work with you to create custom sealants, multi-layer cast films, biaxially-oriented blown films, extrusion laminations and multi-layer extrusion and coextrusion coated products—whatever your application requires. And because our engineered films offer advanced properties, you may be able to down-gauge for cost savings while maintaining exceptional performance.
- Field service technicians
- If you experience a technical problem at 2:30 on a Sunday morning, it’s good to know there’s an expert on call to help solve it. Our field service technicians are located strategically nationwide and are on call 24/7.
So whether you need a package that pushes the boundaries of your industry, or simply one that runs well and makes your product more appealing, look to Curwood. We’ll apply all the resources at our disposal to make your project a success.
R&D Capabilities Close-Up
Sealing the Deal
Hot, cold or impulse…whatever your sealing conditions, we can mimic production-quality seals at a full range of temperatures and methods, then evaluate bond and seal strength using a Tinius Olsen Tester.
Gas-Flush Testing Gets Mobile
Wondering how effective your gas-flushing operation is? Curwood’s Servomex O 2 Analyzer is portable, so our technicians can bring it to your facility for on-site testing.
Extracting FDA Information
Compliance with FDA 176 CFR isn’t an option. That’s why Curwood assures compliance through extractions on the food-contact side of the package, using different solvents and test conditions depending on the food type and condition of use.
Thinking of Going Metal?
Curwood’s Vacuum Metallizer prepares small samples of metallized films, allowing us to evaluate various surface treatments to improve metal adhesion, plus study the properties of the metallized film prior to production so your productivity shines.